- Step 1: Develop and document a Written Lockout / Tagout Program
- Step 2: Equipment-Specific Visual Lockout Procedures
- Step 3: Energy Control Point Identification
- Step 4: Lockout/Tagout Employee Training and Communication
- Step 5: Proper Lockout Tools and Warning Devices
Lockout/Tagout Safety Compliance
Brady helps facilities create successful Lockout Tagout programs with superior lockout devices, training tools and related lockout safety services.
Lockout/Tagout (LOTO) is a critical safety standard that impacts virtually all workplaces that have energized equipment.
Also known as OSHA's Control of Hazardous Energy regulation (29 CFR 1910.147), the Lockout/Tagout standard keeps employees and machine operators safe from the unexpected energization (or startup) of machinery and equipment during servicing or maintenance.
The standard requires workers to go through a specific set of de-energization procedures and safety practices that ensure the equipment will not accidentally start or release stored hazardous energy.
According to OSHA, the Lockout/Tagout standard prevents an estimated 120 fatalities and 50,000 injuries annually. However, it continues to be among the top ten most cited OSHA violations for general industry.
To help facilities create effective, compliant Lockout/Tagout programs, Brady offers a comprehensive Lockout/Tagout solution: Learn from the global leader in Lockout / Tagout:
- Superior lockout tools and devices
- Procedure-writing tools
- Related lockout safety compliance services
- And more
Brady's lockout product solutions, compliance software and printer info is all available in the LOTO catalog.